1. Presentation will affect the price. So, if this means finishing off some odd jobs or just mowing the grass and weeding the gardens - do it! Remember "you only get one chance to make a first impression".
2. Choose an agent who understands the market and will offer you a fair dinkum honest appraisal - in today's market... and do the hard work to get it SOLD!
3. Be willing and prepared to allow "open homes" as many buyers (these days) don't call us. they just do the rounds on a Saturday.
4. Declutter! Pack knickknacks; clear off kitchen counters; and pack items used daily in a small box that can be stored when not in use.
5. Make the decision to "let go" of your emotions and focus on the business end of the transaction. This house will no longer be yours. Disassociate with your home!